Apple is one of the biggest smartphone companies in the world. Apple smartphones have been given a particular name which is iPhone. Apple provides a premium range of smart electronics devices to the customers. The iPhone is not only a phone, it has become a status symbol in the present times. Apple products are way too expensive than its competitors in the market but the products and services provided by Apple are unbeatable. There can be a lot of reasons for you to reset your iPhone, like selling this one and upgrading to another one or if your iPhone is unresponsive. So, in this article I would provide you with the procedure of how to factory reset an iPhone.
How To Reset Yout iPhone
Backup your iPhone
If you are planning to go for a factory reset iPhone, then do remember that all of its data will get erased in seconds. That implies all of your audio, apps, contacts, images, and other left data on the gadget would simply be lost. Only the pre-installed apps and the iOS will remain. Before factory resetting your iPhone, it is salient to back up the data. Maintaining a copy of your info allows you to later restore the data from backup and all the important data remains safe.
Note: Prepare your device
- Check that your Mac or PC is up to date. Make sure you have the most recent version of iTunes if you’re using it.
- Make a backup of the information on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod if you wish to keep it.
- Switch off Find My iPhone by going to Settings then enter your name in Find My iPhone.
The three Backup options are as follows:
- Backup using Finder
Attach the iPhone into the PC, launch a Finder window, pick the iPhone from the left-hand Devices menu box, and back up on a Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15) or newer.
- Backup using iTunes
Connect your phone to your computer to backup to iTunes, then go to the main iPhone screen and hit the Backup button.
- Backup using iCloud
To perform the backup using iCloud, you gotta do the following steps:
- Move to Settings
- Then enter your name (you can ignore this step if you’re using an older version of iOS)
- Open iCloud and tap on iCloud Backup,
- And you are all set to begin a backup.
Hard Reset iPhone
Wondering how to hard reset the iPhone!? Here you with the best possible answer on how to hard reset the iPhone. There are majorly three methods to reset iPhone:
- Hard Reset
- Soft Reset
- Factory Reset
1. Hard Reset
Hard Reset method is usually used when the iphone is unresponsive, the screen is stuck so through hard reset method your iphone can reset only with the usage of buttons and setting the phone to factory settings and deleting all the data. Hard reset method has different steps for different iPhone models.
Complete the following course to hard reset iphone 4/5/6 series:
- Press and hold the Power/wake button(button on top most edge of the iphone) and the Home button(Round button at the bottom of the screen).
- Keep pressing the buttons till the Apple logo is visible on the screen.
- Release the buttons after it and your phone will be rebooted and reset.
Complete the following course to hard reset iphone 7 series
- For this model there is just a slight change in the process you need to press the Power/wake button((button on top most edge of the iphone) and the Volume Down button instead of Home button.
- Keep pressing them until the Apple logo is visible on the screen.
Complete the following course to hard reset iphone 8/X/11/12/13/SE series
- Firstly, press and release the Volume Up button. Then press and release the Volume Down button.
- Lastly, press and hold the Power button and release after the Apple logo is visible on the screen.
2. Soft Reset
Soft Reset is an easy reset method of the iPhone using both buttons and screen operations. It shuts down all the processes and restarts them again. It is usually used when the device is overheating or functioning slow.
Process to soft reset iphone 4/5/6/7/8 series
- Press and hold the Power/wake button on side or top till “Slide to power off” appears on the screen.
- Swipe the slider and power off the device.
- Then press the Power button again until the Apple logo is visible on the screen.
Process to soft reset iphone X/11/12/13/SE series
- Press and hold the Power/wake button and the Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Then wait for the Power off slider to become visible.
- Drag the slider from left to right to power off the device as soon as it appears.
- After the iphone switches off press and hold the Power button again to restart it.
Factory Reset iphone
Thinking about how to factory reset iphone? Put all your thinking aside. And follow the super quick trick to do the factory reset iphone.
Use iTunes to Factory Reset iPhone
- Plug your device to the computer with which it has been synchronized.
- Tap on the option Restore iPhone on the screen when it has recognized your device.
- If you wish to restore, iTunes will ask you if you want to erase everything.
- To reset your iphone, press the Restore button and download the software.
Factory Reset iPhone from settings
- Go to settings then enter reset then tap on erase all content and settings on iPhone.
- Then confirm erasing of all data by entering the password.
Use iCloud to Factory Reset iPhone
To use iCloud to force reset your phone, go through this simple process flow:
- First enable the Find My iPhone option in advanced, then complete this process.
- Go to iCloud.com and search for my phone.
- Select the Info menu for All Devices and hit Erase next to your device. It will demand for your Apple ID password for authentication.
- If you are using a trustworthy PC, you can also attempt security questions or enter the verification number supplied to you with your other Apple device.
We hope this article would have given you information about different ways to backup and factory reset iPhone.