As the name implies, a blue screen causes your screen to turn blue in color. When a problem happens on a user’s computer, a Windows 11 blue screen (blue screen of death) is likely to appear. It means that your device’s screen turns blue unexpectedly when you’re working on papers, editing an image, watching a movie, or doing printer work. Since the article revolves around Brother printer, the error encountered is brother printer drivers bsod. In most circumstances, you’ll see a stop code or an error message that explains what’s going on, and you may look up the particular stop codes or faults to find effective remedies.
Following are the reasons why Windows 10 shows up bsod error:
- When Windows faces specific situations, it comes to a halt and displays the diagnostic information in white lettering on a blue screen.
- When Windows detects an error from which it cannot recover without losing data, blue screen problems occur.
- Critical operating system data has become corrupted, according to Windows. Windows detects that the hardware has failed permanently.
The following are the infamous Brother printer driver installation messages in Windows 10:
- ” The brother printer isn’t working properly.”
- “You are unable to install the Brother printer drivers”
- “Unable to install Brother printer drivers on Windows 10” is number three.
- “Drivers for Brother printers are not available.”
- ” The Brother printer driver installation package is stalled”
Wondering what’s the reason behind Brother printer drivers BSOD. Here you go
- Some printer drivers, such as those from HP, DELL, Brother, and Panasonic, are prone to this issue.
- “If Windows 10 won’t let you install Brother printer drivers” This issue arises due to corrupted or broken printer drivers.
- This issue is caused by missing or incompatible Brother printer drivers on Windows 10.
- It is possible that you will come across an incorrect printer driver.
- Windows update is missing or corrupted.
- Brother printer drivers not operating properly on Windows 10 can be caused by a virus or malware assault.
How to resolve brother printer drivers bsod
There are 10 top foxes that have been put here after a great amount of research. So, let’s dig into the solutions.
Solution 1: Uninstall and reinstall the Brother printer on Windows 10.
- Hold the “Windows + I” keys simultaneously to launch the “Settings App.”
- Go to “Devices then Printers and Scanners, then on to Brother Printer” in the opened “Settings App.”
- To complete the uninstall, select “Remove Device” and then “Yes” in the confirmation dialog.
- Select “Settings App and then Devices. Navigate to the Printers and Scanners tab.
- After that go for “Add Printers & Scanner” from the “Devices” menu. Choose the printer model you want to use.
- If you can’t find the printer, choose “The printer I’m looking for isn’t visible.”
- Use a USB cable to connect the “Printers & Computers/ Laptop.”
- Now choose “Add a local printer or a network printer with manual settings” and then “Next.”
- Tap “Next” and then “Use an existing port” in this box.
- Choose “Manufacturer name, which is Brother,” and then “Model Number” before tapping on “Next.”
- Using this procedure you will be able to install Brother printer drivers specifically on Windows 10.
- Restart your computer and verify if the brother printer drivers bsod has been repaired.
Solution 2: Uninstall brother printer drivers from Windows 10.
- Select “Start, then Control Panel and finally tap Programs” from the Start menu.
- Look for Brother printer driver-related apps in the Control Panel.
- To totally delete it, select it and hit “Uninstall.”
- Finally, rebegin your computer to verify if the brother printer drivers bsod has been repaired.
Solution 3: Disable Startup Apps
- Press “SHIFT + ESC + CTRL” simultaneously on the keyboard to launch the “Task Manager.”
- Press “More details” and then navigate to “Startup.”
- Choose each software program one at a time and disable it by tapping the “Disable” button.
- Reboot your system and reinstall the Brother printer drivers for Windows 10 to get rid of the brother printer drivers bsod error.
Solution 4: Verify that your Brother machine is recognized by the Device Manager.
- After selecting the Start button, move to the Control Panel and then go to Device and Printers. Go for Hardware and Sound, and finally click Device Manager.
- When the “User Account Control Screen” shows up, select administrator permissions and, if necessary, a password. Then snap “Ok.”
- From the drop-down menu, select “View then Show Hidden Devices.”
- From the drop-down box, select Processor and tap on Triangle Marked Device.
- Tap on “Uninstall” from the right-click menu on “Yellow mark” with brother printer name.
- Next, remove the Brother Printer from your computer and restart it.
- Next, reinstall the Brother printer drivers for Windows 10 and associate the system to your Brother printer through a USB 2.0 connection or port.
And hopefully, your brother’s printer driver’s bsod will be long gone and if not, then proceed to the next way.
Solution 5: Windows 10 drivers for Brother printers should be updated.
- From the “Control Panel” menu, choose “View by small icons.”
- Locate your printer in the “Device Manager” section.
- From the context menu of the problematic device, snap “Update Driver Software.”
- Pick “Search automatically for updated driver software” in the following box.
- The updated driver software will be downloaded and installed automatically as part of this process.
- Reboot your PC and see if the brother printer drivers’ bsod issue has been repaired.
Solution 6: Keep an eye out for a Windows 10 update:
- From the “Settings App” menu, select Update and Security and finally Windows Update.
- From the “Windows Update” box, choose “Check for updates.”
- This operation will install the most recent version of Windows 10 on your computer.
Solution 7: Switch from 5GHz to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
Technically, the issue is not with the machine, the issue is with the wireless connection. The 5GHz band gives low convergence but sends data quickly, while the 2.4 GHz band has greater coverage but transmits data slowly. Inform your internet service provider that the unified network connection will be split.
Solution 8: Disable Firewall in Windows 10
- Open “Control Panel” by clicking the “Start” button and typing “Control Panel” into Windows Search.
- From the “System and Security” menu, choose “System and Security then Windows Defender Firewall. After that Turn Windows Defender Firewall OFF or ON.”
- Tap on “Turn OFF Windows Defender Firewall” beneath “Private Network Settings.”
- Tap on “Turn OFF Windows Defender Firewall” from the “Public Network Settings” menu.
- When you’re finished, tap on “Ok” to save your changes. And look if brother printer drivers’ bsod issue has been rectified.
Solution 9: Upgrade USB Port connection from Device Manager
- From the keyboard, press “Windows + X” simultaneously and pick “Device Manager.”
- Right-click “Printer Port (LPTI),” then “Update Driver” under “Ports (COM & LPT).
- Install the updated driver by following the on-screen directions.
- Then, seek for “Universal Serial Bus Controller” and double-click it to open it completely.
- Make sure all of the drivers under “Universal Bus Controller” are up to current.
- Restart your system and double-check that the brother printer drivers bsod issue has been rectified.
Microsoft has been releasing a permanent cure for this issue in a cumulative update for Windows 10 20H2 called KB5001567 from March 15, 2021: all you have to do to install it is upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 and be sure to install the newest updates available via the official Windows Update channel. However, if you don’t want to (or can’t because of business regulations), you can manually install the update.
- To install this update manually, go to https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5001567 in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Once there, look for the KB5001567 executable that matches your Windows 10 version and CPU architecture, then download and run it.
- The upgrade process will take some time (around 5 minutes on a typical PC), but it will permanently repair the printer issue, allowing you to print as much as you like without risking another BSOD.
About Brother Printer App
To save the driver to your computer for later use or to use it on another machine. The following steps must be followed:
- Visit the official Brother website.
- Then, on the Brother App, create a username and password.
- Then, in the search bar given, type in the name and model of your Brother printer.
- To find the driver, go to the categorization option and then to the recently updated section and select the driver option.
- You can repeat these procedures to get any additional printer drivers included with your Windows operating system.
- Then, download the Windows updates and install the Brother printer driver by following the on-screen directions.
FAQs About Fix Brother Printer Drivers BSOD
Ans: To download and install brother printer software, you have two options. To begin, go to the official website of your printer and look for your printer model. Then, according to your computer’s operating system, download the software. Additionally, start the uzip.exe file to install the software. The second option is to download the Brother Control Center software and rapidly configure your Brother printer.
Ans: Make sure the printer and the desktop are both powered up and connected to the network. Now, double-check the printer model listed on the printer. Check to see whether you have any printer drivers for the most recent CD. Now go to the printer’s official website and get the printer drivers.
Ans: Use the Brother Control Center program to update your printer drivers, or download and reinstall the printer drivers from the official website.
Ans: Select System and Preferences from the Mac menu. Look, find a nearby printer and make a note of the name. If you have a CD, check for the printer model name on the printer’s official website. Select your printer model and then select the Mac option. Install drivers on your Mac after downloading the software.
Ans: Enter the model name of your local printer on the official Brother printer website. Only the printer software for Windows 10 that is compatible with your operating system should be downloaded now. Right-click the driver file and select extract or unzip from the context menu. Furthermore, when you double-click the.exe file, a screen will appear on your desktop. Now, click OK and follow the instructions on the screen. To set up and install the brother printer, agree to the terms and conditions.
Ans: Using the techniques and tactics below, you can easily obtain printer drivers for Windows 7. Make a mental note of the printer model name and double-check that no CDs are present. Directly download and install the printer drivers from the printer’s website on Windows 7.
Ans: Check to see if you have a driver’s CD. If this is the case, simply place the CD on your desktop and install the printer drivers. First, check the desktop setup and version, then search for the printer model name on the printer’s official website to download.
Conclusion:I am confident that this post provided you with numerous simple methods/procedures to “Fix brother printer drivers bsod”. To resolve this problem, you can use any or all of the steps. If you are unable to resolve the brother printer drivers bsod issue using the ways listed above, your system may be infected with malware or viruses. Malware or viruses, according to security experts, can harm your computer in a variety of ways. In this instance, you can use sophisticated antivirus software to scan your computer and remove all sorts of malware or viruses from your system.